truTalent search is back!
trufm is searching for the next best radio presenter, sport presenter from a community radio station and DJ between the ages of 18-34. If you are looking to perfect your craft at one of the best youthful radio stations in the Eastern Cape, then this one is for you.
trufm will visit Matatiele, Bizana, Mthatha, East London, Queenstown and Gqeberha.
To pre-register, log onto https://tru.5v.co.za keep it locked to 89.3 – 107.8 / DSTV channel 816 for details on upcoming towns. truTalent is brought to you by trufm, powered by Vodacom in association with Media Development and Diversity Agency.
Terms and Conditions:
- truTalent launched on Tuesday, 9 January 2024, voting phase opens on Monday, 19 February 2024 and closes on Friday, 15 March 2023.
- You must be between the ages of 18 – 34 years with a valid South African identity document to qualify for entry.
- To register you follow the link https://tru.5v.co.za
- To enter, SMS a Unique code (Radio1 – 12 | Sport 1 – 12 | DJ1 – 12) to 39721 for automatic entries into the competition
- Each SMS is a single entry into the competition. SMSing multiple times will give you automatic multiple entries.
- SMSes cost R1.50. Free SMS’ do not apply.
- You may enter this competition as many times as you like.
- By entering this competition, you are accepting all the rules of this competition.
- Contestants will be eliminated weekly to the ultimate winner, there will be a Top12, Top 10, Top 5, Top 2 and the ultimate winner announcement for all categories (Radio Presenter, Sport presenter and DJ) on 15 March 2024.
- The winner for Radio Presenter and Sport presenter will each take home R 10 000 in cash, a one-year freelance contract at trufm and Vodacom data to the value of R3,000 . The winning DJ will take home DJ equipment, a one-year freelance contract at trufm and and Vodacom data to the value of R3,000. A listener with most votes will win R 5000 in cash and Vodacom data to the value of R3,000.
- In the event of a winner being disqualified in terms of these rules, a replacement winner will be drawn.
- The competition is open to all citizens of South Africa only, who are between the age of 18 - 34, except for the members, shareholders, directors, employees, partners, agents and consultants (and their respective life partners, business partners and immediate families) of: The SABC, Vodacom, Media Development and Diversity Agency and the suppliers and advertising agencies of the SABC.
- All winners will be contacted telephonically once the relevant draws have been audited and confirmed.
- Winners for the weekly elimination will be announced live on-air and contacted telephonically and a listener with most votes will be called live on-air expected to furnish the SABC representative calling with a copy of their valid identity document via email.
- The winners will receive their prizes after 30 days of receiving all necessary documents.
- The name of the winners will be published on the trufm website (www.trufm.co.za) and any platform of the SABC deemed fit for marketing purposes as well as on social media once the winner has been validated and verified. The winner’s name will also be featured in national press advertisements after the competition has ended. By accepting the prize, the winners of the truTalent competition agree that SABC may use their names and pictures for any future marketing material by the SABC or trufm in print and digital media.
- The decisions of SABC and its judges are final and may not be challenged. No correspondence will be entertained.